Love my Planet SOMA family. No less than five people pointed me to this article in Salon today, knowing that it would be right up my alley given its familiar theme.
I’m finally ‘fessing up about Road Trip 99 now. Firstly, it’s been downgraded to Plane Trip 99 and will pretty much involve nothing much but North Carolina. Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the money to spend my customary three or four weeks on the road this year. So off I go on TWA, to spend some quality time with Mom and Dad on their 50th anniversary.
But that’s not for a couple of weeks.
For now, I’m just excited that it rained last night. It’s almost November. The rainy season is almost here. My mood should improve considerably. Yes, I’m a freak. Yes, I’ve considered moving to Seattle because of the rain rather than in spite of it. Yes, sunshine depresses me as a rule.
Things I love this week:
- “All in the Family” marathon on Nick-at-Nite.
- Stouffer’s Macaroni and Beef with Tomatoes (on sale at Safeway).
- The parking space I got last night at 7th and Bryant, right across from the police station.
Things I hate this week:
- Perpetual construction.
- Those stupid commercials for SF Propositions I and J, with the over-acting ambulance drivers and the insipid screaming woman.
- The idiots in the building next door.