It was 64F when I arrived. The next morning it snowed and the temperature never again climbed above freezing.
Thanks tto the cold, this was very much a trip of specific destinations rather than my usual random wandering. I’d already planned to hit several museums, and I ended up doing most of my traveling on the subway rather than on foot. But it was lots of fun, and I did get some significant strolling in.
- Seeing my friend Margo and exploring Brooklyn a bit.
- The Transit Museum. Loved it. Seriously.
- Riding the ten-week-old Second Avenue Subway.
- A snow-covered Union Square.
- Having, maybe for the first time, a hotel room with a view of something other than the airshaft or the back of the next building.
- Food. Books. Etc.
- My new favorite parking spot on Staten Island.
Random thoughts about New York, danger, middle age, and other things coming in another post. For now, here are pretty pictures: