Revelations upon hitting age 53 that I forgot to post last month on Rosanna Arquette’s birthday:
- At some point in the aging process, your beard gets grey enough that neglecting to shave no longer makes you look sexy and scruffy–assuming it ever did to begin with. It just makes it look like you forgot to wash your face that morning.
- How do people live without
obsessionshobbies to take over their liveskeep them busy.
- Just like giving up smoking and leaving San Francisco, getting rid of cable is a decision I have never once regretted.
- Travel is a much more enjoyable vice than bar- or bed-hopping. I know from experience that it is possible to combine all three, but I would opt for doing the former (and doing it alone) if I had to choose.
- I enjoy many of the perks of being middle class, though I haven’t necessarily absorbed all the values.
- Life is a lot more fun when you concentrate on things and people you like rather than on things and people you don’t.