…is that rare city that neither disappointed me nor exceeded my expectations in any way. It was pretty much exactly what i expected: very cute and a little dull. it was good to see it, but I feel no compelling desire to return soon. Interestingly, the “what it might be like to live here” curiosity I get in so many cities never quite hit with Providence.
- I actually had trouble understanding a few people here, which is unusual for me.
- This hotel (which I did not book nor pay for myself) is a grand triumph of style over substance. It tries so hard to be all hipsteriffic and trendy that it ultimately just ends up being uncomfortable and dysfunctional (and overpriced). I’m sure some people would love it. I am not one of those people. And what the fuck is the appeal of rain shower heads? To their credit, though, the staff is great.
- I could have done without the extra, unplanned night, though American Airlines did foot the bill.
- Why would someone pay $35 for a cab from the airport to downtown when there’s a $2 express city bus?
- Everything really is close to everything else in Rhode Island.