I made a boy grits this morning, after having been awake with him most of the night. Use your imagination…
It was a little odd. I haven’t brought anyone much home in a long time, much less allowed them to spend the night and get the whole breakfast package. I had no intention of doing so last night either. I was already worn out at midnight, and I really intended to have one quick beer at My Place, maybe avail myself of the backroom, and come home to sleep.
Anyway, I had fun. He was cute as a bug’s ear, intelligent, and even nice. I barely noticed that he was (gasp) 13 years younger than me. I wouldn’t even mind a second go-round, which means I’ll probably never hear from him again.
All the same, I sure would like to have had just a little bit more sleep last night…
Resolutions for July:
- Quit smoking.
- Answer the email a bit faster.
- Pursue design and writing jobs more aggressively.
- Eliminate the part-time job I hate so much.
- Do the laundry once a month whether I need to or not.
- Obtain health insurance with the money I’ve saved by not smoking.
I should be able to do all those things, shouldn’t I?
Things I love today:
- Safeway Select Garlic Lovers’ Salsa
- The idea of being asleep in half an hour or so.
- Andy Griffith Mondays on Nick-at-Nite.