I love my apartment. I’ve lived in it for nigh onto ten years, so this is a good thing. I’m about to be sharing it. I love that too. That said, there are a few things about it which I will not miss when I leave.
Requirements for my next abode:
- A washer, dryer, and dishwasher. Pretty close to non-negotiable.
- A shower surfaced in actual tile and not some Formica-like substance which doesn’t really lend itself to being in a damp room.
- No, repeat no, industrial grey wall-to-wall carpet.
- Sufficient electrical service so that I won’t cringe if I dare to use the microwave and the toaster oven at the same time.
- A guaranteed and maybe even designated parking space.
- About 50% more of a bedroom than I now have.
- About 100% more of a guest room than I now have.
- No warehouse (with constant deliveries by very large trucks) across the street even if it means I can’t look out my front window at all the cute juvenile delinquent boys who work there.