By some strange miracle, I seem to be considerably healthier today than I was at my physical six months ago. I’ve lost weight, my “good” cholesterol is up (my “bad” is always low anyway) and I’ve backtracked quite a bit on that road to diabetes, heart disease, and all sorts of other nasty things. I’m kind of amazed, considering how rough the past few months have been for me personally and how–until a few weeks ago when I finally got my head out of my ass–I was basically using comfort food and lethargy to treat the symptoms.
So can I lose fifty pounds this year? What say ye?
- Mark arrives for a quick visit tomorrow. It will be the first time we’ve seen each other since December and I am much looking forward to it.
- The oldest supermarket in Charlotte is about to be torn down. I’m a little depressed about that, but I’d be more depressed if there were a little more of the original buidling left to begin with.
- In case you care what I’ve been doing at work lately, here are two samples. They’re part of a bigger project I’m working on that’s still in beta (and not finished).
- I actually had occasion to bring my Zip drive to work (and even to use it) last week as well. That was fun.
- There’s something else big that’s supposed to make up this last bullet point, but I don’t remember what it is.