Random thoughts on Canada, my new old neighborhood, food, etc.:
- CanCon: The only reason any radio station still plays Loverboy.
- The City of Vancouver Archives never disappoints me.
- I’m warming to my newly rediscovered childhood neighborhood. It’s still not my dream ‘hood and I really hate the giant yard BUT I find that I actually have more useful stuff within easy walking distance here than I did in Winston-Salem–or maybe even South of Market, for that matter. I can walk to several decent restaurants and a supermarket (even if it is just an Aldi), and dropping my car off for its annual checkup this morning was dreamy. There’s hope, I suppose. And contractors next week…
- Happy occurrence of the week: Buying jeans of a size that I haven’t purchased in fifteen years.
- In case you were wondering, there is at least one German restaurant in the world that doesn’t sell beer and this is it. And yes, my friends and I were also amused by the idea of a German and Italian restaurant. Adding a few Japanese dishes would probably get it firebombed by Asheboro’s remaining WWII vets.
- Cool thing of the week: This, via here.
- Taking a four-day weekend next week. Destination suggestions? Anybody out there?