It’s the day after Thanksgiving, which seems as good a time as any to reflect on the things for which I’m not necessarily thankful (that sort of adds a religious element I don’t much care for) but about which I am quite happy just the same:
- I’m very happy that I’m not in that really dark spot I was in a year or so back. It wasn’t pleasant, trust me. Taking the required steps to fix that was a smart move.
- I’m happy that I’m really into new music again.
- I’m happy that there’s so much less of me (by weight and by volume) now.
- Even though I miss my house and my neighborhood in Winston-Salem, I’m happy I live in Greensboro now. It’s much better for me in a number of ways.
- I’m happy that I’ve entered into an open relationship with an adorable orange cat named “Puppy.”
- I’m happy that I’ve reconnected with a lot of old friends this year.
- I’m happy to have rediscovered NYC and DC.