Thoughts for a final night on the Lower East Side:
- This post may take a while because the hotel wifi is especially useless tonight.
- Leaving New York is difficult. Leaving New York so I can get home and drive to Greenville, North Carolina (perhaps the most boring college town there ever was) for a two-day conference is heartbreaking.
- Mid-afternoon pie and coffee at a bonafide diner is quite a soothing and civilized thing.
- Shawarma with fiery hot sauce for lunch followed by chicken vindaloo for dinner can have repercussions. Enough said.
- Why are band-aids in particular so freaking expensive here?
- Thing that makes me happy: My friends (even the ones who are married and have kids) are generally not boring old middle-aged fucks like so many of my contemporaries seem to be. Nor are we trying to be twentysomethings. Yay, us!