As a self-indulgent tribute to twenty years on the web, I’m looking back at one year a day leading to the actual anniversary on 13 January 2016. 1997 was all about free time, road trips, building a new website, and the occasional bit of debauchery. It was also the year I started questioning my relationship with San Francisco.
- Freaky Fresno: An early nod to my love affair with the Central Valley.
- (Auto)mobile Again: Arrival of the car I loved longer than all others.
- Road trip to Portland and Seattle (several posts follow)
- Sociability: Includes my first mention of Sarah, who would become one of my best friends.
- A codger at 33
- The evil “cootie factor”
- Planet SOMA US Tour 1997: The five-week cross-country online road trip to end all road trips (several posts follow).