Ten resolutions for the senior citizen version of me:
- I will retain some sense of urgency in my life. When in line at a restaurant or store, I will recognize that even though I may have no schedule or pressing commitments, the people behind me probably do.
- I will not retire without having some idea of what I will do with my time. (I don’t think this will be a problem.)
- I will enthusiastically purchase a hearing aid when and if I need one. Fuck vanity.
- I will not become a racist, right-wing nutjob (i.e. an evangelical Republican).
- I will try to avoid ever thinking that 4:45PM is the ideal time for dinner.
- I will not discuss my excretory functions with anyone but healthcare providers.
- I will have some fucking dignity and not chase after boys in their twenties.
- As long as I am able, I will continue to travel alone.
- I will continue to appreciate new and interesting music and media, and I will not complain that all culture came to an abrupt end when I was 25.
- I will not watch “Wheel of Fortune.”
Feel free to comment on my success (or lack thereof) in ten, twenty, or thirty years.