Know what’s so great about being 55?
- Being past most of the sex and love bullshit. No romantic drama, no overactive genitalia getting me in trouble (or wasting my time), no quest for “the love of my life” nor “the lust of my night,” and therefore much less time wasted.
- I still have enough energy and enthusiasm (and and finally, enough money) to enjoy life. I travel a lot, no longer stay in toilets, always order a side of baba ghanouj even when I’m eating alone, and don’t stress over having to spend an extra twenty bucks on something.
- Having a decent car.
- Not giving a shit what anyone thinks about whether I prefer to spend most of my time alone (eat alone, go to movies alone, travel alone, etc.)
- Loving my job (finally) but not counting on it for all my happiness like I did a few years ago when I was such a basket case.
- Knowing who my real friends are (though I sort of always did).
- Not owing anyone anything but maybe gratitude.
- I’m on the 21st floor looking out at Detroit and you’re not!