You may not have known I was gone. That’s OK.
Some stats on this year’s October Canadian adventure:
- 3600 km.
- 7 states, 1 province.
- 1 graduation.
- 1 new border crossing point (Sarnia ON/Port Huron MI).
- Dinner and assorted socializing with friends in Buffalo, Toronto, and London.
- No recreational (nor any other) marijuana purchases.
- 4L of assorted craft beers imported into the USA.
- 19 books, 3 DVDs, 1 CD.
There may be more details later. Or there may not. I can be enigmatic like that…
So this conference that is keeping me from being in Canada for Thanksgiving and also making me miss The Bandicoots is now redeemed by the fact that I will actually be there for this (which I’ve missed for the past year or two) and for a friend’s graduation from library school in London (the one in Ontario that actually has its own Thames). Pretty good tradeoff all in all.
Also on the agenda:
- Groceteria research in Detroit, maybe Toledo, and Niagara Falls
- Quality time in the Toronto Reference Library
- Falafel Queen (just discovered it’s now closed and I’m depressed) and all my other favorites
- London and Windsor for the first time in twelve years
- Seeing friends (I hope) in Toronto, Detroit, and Buffalo
- Maybe another side trip yet to be determined