So this conference that is keeping me from being in Canada for Thanksgiving and also making me miss The Bandicoots is now redeemed by the fact that I will actually be there for this (which I’ve missed for the past year or two) and for a friend’s graduation from library school in London (the one in Ontario that actually has its own Thames). Pretty good tradeoff all in all.
Also on the agenda:
- Groceteria research in Detroit, maybe Toledo, and Niagara Falls
- Quality time in the Toronto Reference Library
- Falafel Queen (just discovered it’s now closed and I’m depressed) and all my other favorites
- London and Windsor for the first time in twelve years
- Seeing friends (I hope) in Toronto, Detroit, and Buffalo
- Maybe another side trip yet to be determined
In case you haven’t visited the other site — you know, the one that actually still gets lots of traffic and attention — you might be surprised to see how much its geographic reach has expanded in the past two years or so that I’ve been really actively updating again. There are now entries for forty of the fifty United States and eight of the ten Canadian provinces (none of the territories, alas). My goal is to get something up for all them within the next year.
Here’s a handy map:
Everybody needs a hobby…