Another birthday celebration for Rosanna Arquette and Herbert Hoover is complete.
This year I celebrated the big day with schnitzel and beer at the Black Forest Inn in Hamilton, Ontario, as part of my first visit north of the border since the Before Times. It was a nice if uneventful trip. I opted to explore Hamilton and environs because I’ve been wanting to spend more time there and because I still plan to make my big Thanksgiving trip to Toronto in October. I explored, I bought books, I saw good friends along the way, and I even had some actual down time.
I think my “sell by” date will arrive when I no longer have the ability nor the desire to explore. Losing one of the two might even be sufficient.
That doesn’t mean I won’t stick around anyway. After all, look at this site. Its “sell by” date was years ago and yet here it still is…
Things insomnia made me count. In my life I have:
- Owned 3 houses and rented 5 apartments.
- Lived in 3 states (4 if you count a vacation home).
- Had 2 roommates (not counting a few temporary situations of less than a month).
- Had 1 (common law) husband.
- Owned 9 cars.
- Had 6 traffic accidents, 2 of which were ruled my fault.
- Spent time in 3 countries, including 45 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces.
- Had sex in at least 24 states.
- Had phone numbers with 5 area codes.
- No brothers or sisters, but 14 first cousins (approximately 12 of whom are still alive).
- Spent 2 nights in a hospital (not counting when I was born).
- Been to 0 high school class reunions (with plans to attend 0 more).
- Had 5 primary home computers (all Macs, which is why I had each one for so long).
- Had 3 full-time employers (though I had multiple positions in multiple locations for the first two, plus a ton of part-time and freelance employers).
- Had 4 medical procedures for which I was put completely under.
…and I’m off to the rational side of the border for my annual October excursion. I didn’t know for sure till the last minute if I’d even be able to go.
I need this trip badly. My stress level is high. I-79 in West Virginia had better watch out.
(Postcard via https://dr.library.brocku.ca/handle/10464/6325)
This map displays every spot (or at least every spot I remember) where I’ve had sex. Reds are precise locations while oranges just mark the vicinity. Yes, that means I don’t necessarily remember everyplace I’ve had sex down to the building, address, alley, or bush. The 1990s version of me was a major slut, OK?
Try building your own. It’s fun, if sometimes mildly disturbing…
You may not have known I was gone. That’s OK.
Some stats on this year’s October Canadian adventure:
- 3600 km.
- 7 states, 1 province.
- 1 graduation.
- 1 new border crossing point (Sarnia ON/Port Huron MI).
- Dinner and assorted socializing with friends in Buffalo, Toronto, and London.
- No recreational (nor any other) marijuana purchases.
- 4L of assorted craft beers imported into the USA.
- 19 books, 3 DVDs, 1 CD.
There may be more details later. Or there may not. I can be enigmatic like that…