What June 2020 looked like
What January 2020 looked like
By the numbers
Things insomnia made me count. In my life I have:
- Owned 3 houses and rented 5 apartments.
- Lived in 3 states (4 if you count a vacation home).
- Had 2 roommates (not counting a few temporary situations of less than a month).
- Had 1 (common law) husband.
- Owned 9 cars.
- Had 6 traffic accidents, 2 of which were ruled my fault.
- Spent time in 3 countries, including 45 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces.
- Had sex in at least 24 states.
- Had phone numbers with 5 area codes.
- No brothers or sisters, but 14 first cousins (approximately 12 of whom are still alive).
- Spent 2 nights in a hospital (not counting when I was born).
- Been to 0 high school class reunions (with plans to attend 0 more).
- Had 5 primary home computers (all Macs, which is why I had each one for so long).
- Had 3 full-time employers (though I had multiple positions in multiple locations for the first two, plus a ton of part-time and freelance employers).
- Had 4 medical procedures for which I was put completely under.
What December 2019 looked like
What October 2019 looked like
One more day…
…and I’m off to the rational side of the border for my annual October excursion. I didn’t know for sure till the last minute if I’d even be able to go.
I need this trip badly. My stress level is high. I-79 in West Virginia had better watch out.
(Postcard via https://dr.library.brocku.ca/handle/10464/6325)
While we’re on the subject of maps…
How does this one look as a plan for the two weeks surrounding Christmas?
I’ve never spent any significant time in Texas (except for a little town called Fredericksburg, where I once spent far more time than I ever wanted) and winter is the only time I could probably stand to do it. To be honest, I feel like this might well be the only time I would ever do a major Texas trip, but it seems like something I should do at least once.
I had originally planned a California Christmas but I’m not sure my heart is in a long holiday flight, even though I have been a bit nostalgic since I’ve been reading this book on Highway 99. Longtime readers may remember I used to have something of an obsession with that particular road back in the 1990s.
But I’m really excited to see some territory I’ve never seen before, since it seems I almost never head south anymore. So if not this big trip, I may at least land in Miami. I haven’t been there in about fifty years, so it should at least seem new.
Or I may decide that I need my traditional “calm and restful” holiday vacation in Virginia Beach.
So many destinations. So little time.
And another one…
I made a sex map
This map displays every spot (or at least every spot I remember) where I’ve had sex. Reds are precise locations while oranges just mark the vicinity. Yes, that means I don’t necessarily remember everyplace I’ve had sex down to the building, address, alley, or bush. The 1990s version of me was a major slut, OK?
Try building your own. It’s fun, if sometimes mildly disturbing…