Random reflections and realizations upon hitting age 37:
- There is absolutely nothing exciting about being 37.
- The day convenience stores started selling lottery tickets was the day they ceased to be anything resembling convenient.
- When my mom told me as a child that I’d eventually regret it if I started smoking, she was right.
- The more commercials annoy me, the more I watch PBS, which is probably a good thing.
- At some point in the last year, a good parking space assumed a higher priority in my life than sex.
- A little cubed steak can be a wonderful thing.
- Most of my friends are considerably more tolerant and accommodating of me than I have any right to expect them to be. More attentive too.
- I’m glad I don’t really drink anymore, because if I did, I might get really plastered tonight, and I’d surely regret it tomorrow.