In no particular order:
- It was the subject of a song my dad used to sing to me as a joke when I was little. I have never been able to identify the actual song. I imagine it was from a TV show sketch or something.
- It’s the place where Bugs Bunny should’ve made that left turn.
- It is the home town of Ethel Mertz (a/k/a “Ethel Mae Potter. We never forgot her.”)
- It’s the only place I’ve ever been pulled over by a police officer who subsequently apologized to me for doing so.
- I have to go there the first week in April for a conference. For the record, I will not be taking the itinerary below.