On a créé un monstre (2011)
Thoughts for a Sunday night spent with yet another “dark Canadian drama” recommended by Netflix:
- Speaking of Netflix, does anyone really ever select a movie because it’s on the “popular on Facebook” list?
- My favorite tacqueria has remodeled during my several-month absence. It’s a little too bright orange and I’m not wild about it but at least they didn’t raise the prices.
- I thought I might burn out on the francophone pop now that I can get it in the car anytime via XM? I haven’t. If you’re not liking the videos, I’m afraid it won’t be getting better for you anytime soon.
- Shredded cheese is buy two, get three free at the Harris Teeter. I am now prepared for the dairy apocalypse, should it occur before the stuff expires.
- Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t this essentially the plot of The Simpsons Movie?
Tout le monde en même temps (2012)
The biggest barrier I’ve had to cross in my parents’ house has been getting it restored to my own standard of cleanliness and order. It may shock anyone who’s known me for a long time to learn that I’ve become something of a neat freak the past few years–a rather neat and tidy housekeeper. I have some thoughts about the psychological basis as to how and when this drastic shift occurred, most of which have to do with my need to find some aspect of my life over which I could have complete control at a time when I felt like I was starting to lose it, but I’ll skip all that for now and say that it’s been hard getting the house to that point but I’m beginning to see the light.
There’s still a fair amount of stuff I need to get rid of here before I start moving some of my own stuff in, but I’m spending three or four nights a week here now and it’s not altogether uncomfortable. I’m seeing less of my dad lying on the floor back in January or my mom being completely paranoid and hysterical the year before, and more of where my books and toys and things might look good. Getting my own furniture in here will be a big help but that will probably have to wait until I sell my current house.
After the jump, see where I am so far. Continue reading
High School Lover (2013)
Your basic LA hipster pop but it’s catchy as all gitout.
Andréa Lindsay et Luc De Larochellière
Le problème avec toi (2012)
I really like this too.
Be forewarned that there will be several music posts in a row over the next few days. I like lots of stuff this week and have precious little interesting stuff to say.
Direct Hit (2013)
I really rather like this…
…or this year, at least.
Once in a while I make exactly the right choice. This was one of those times. What a great weekend! Had a quite lovely time visiting old friends Dan, Lori, and New York–none of whom I’ve seen enough of in recent years. Pictures and other such things to follow, but probably not until after I get some sleep and get through a really brutal four days at work.
Completely unrelated: Anyone who’s paying attention knows I’m not wild about hot weather. But I’m also starting to get a little alarmed that it’s well into May and I’m still tempted to turn on the heat because it’s only 60F in my living room.
I have been living back on the correct into the country for almost eight years now. Why have I not spent more of that time in New York?
Having a lovely time.
Glad to have old friends who have grown up but haven’t gotten old and boring.
Completely appalled at $13 bridge tolls.
Still loving Jersey diners.
Going to bed now.