Things insomnia made me count. In my life I have:
- Owned 3 houses and rented 5 apartments.
- Lived in 3 states (4 if you count a vacation home).
- Had 2 roommates (not counting a few temporary situations of less than a month).
- Had 1 (common law) husband.
- Owned 9 cars.
- Had 6 traffic accidents, 2 of which were ruled my fault.
- Spent time in 3 countries, including 45 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces.
- Had sex in at least 24 states.
- Had phone numbers with 5 area codes.
- No brothers or sisters, but 14 first cousins (approximately 12 of whom are still alive).
- Spent 2 nights in a hospital (not counting when I was born).
- Been to 0 high school class reunions (with plans to attend 0 more).
- Had 5 primary home computers (all Macs, which is why I had each one for so long).
- Had 3 full-time employers (though I had multiple positions in multiple locations for the first two, plus a ton of part-time and freelance employers).
- Had 4 medical procedures for which I was put completely under.
…and I’m off to the rational side of the border for my annual October excursion. I didn’t know for sure till the last minute if I’d even be able to go.
I need this trip badly. My stress level is high. I-79 in West Virginia had better watch out.
(Postcard via https://dr.library.brocku.ca/handle/10464/6325)
How does this one look as a plan for the two weeks surrounding Christmas?
I’ve never spent any significant time in Texas (except for a little town called Fredericksburg, where I once spent far more time than I ever wanted) and winter is the only time I could probably stand to do it. To be honest, I feel like this might well be the only time I would ever do a major Texas trip, but it seems like something I should do at least once.
I had originally planned a California Christmas but I’m not sure my heart is in a long holiday flight, even though I have been a bit nostalgic since I’ve been reading this book on Highway 99. Longtime readers may remember I used to have something of an obsession with that particular road back in the 1990s.
But I’m really excited to see some territory I’ve never seen before, since it seems I almost never head south anymore. So if not this big trip, I may at least land in Miami. I haven’t been there in about fifty years, so it should at least seem new.
Or I may decide that I need my traditional “calm and restful” holiday vacation in Virginia Beach.
So many destinations. So little time.
This map displays every spot (or at least every spot I remember) where I’ve had sex. Reds are precise locations while oranges just mark the vicinity. Yes, that means I don’t necessarily remember everyplace I’ve had sex down to the building, address, alley, or bush. The 1990s version of me was a major slut, OK?
Try building your own. It’s fun, if sometimes mildly disturbing…