Odometer start: 14218
- Esso, Ottawa. $1.24/litre. Bought $20.00 worth to get me back to the US.
- Sunoco, Ogdensburg NY. $3.56/gallon. 12.4 gallons.
- Breakfast: Ada’s Diner, Ottawa. Two eggs scrambled, pea-meal bacon, potatoes, “brown toast”, coffee. $8.99.
- Lunch: Jumbo’s Diner, Gouverneur NY. Pulled pork sandwich, fries, water, coconut cream pie. $8.23.
- Dinner: Blue Ribbon Restaurant, Schenectady. Meat loaf, mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, salad. Duncan bought.
Drove around Ottawa a bit with Robin this morning before dropping him off at work. On his recommendation, had breakfast at Ada’s Diner on Bank Street (good call). Got gas nearby to tide me over until I re-entered the US (where it’s more than a dollar a gallon cheaper) and then headed out of Ottawa. Made one last Canadian grocery run in Prescott and crossed the border. No problems at the crossing. The nice little old lady at the border started talking about “Carolina blue” when I told her where I worked. Didn’t have the heart to tell her I worked at a different campus.
Gas in Ogdensburg and then I headed toward Schenectady on NY 812 and NY 12 through Gouverneur and Lowville. Got on the Thruway at Utica and arrived at Duncan and Rick’s house about 6:15. We went to dinner and then to the brand new Shop-Rite and drove around downtown a bit. Came home and watched “Big Bang Theory” and “Modern Family.”
My phone is really on its last legs. I’m having to do a hard reboot every time I use the camera or Shazam. Hope it holds till I get home.
[flickr-gallery mode=”tag” tags=”trip2011,day13″ tag_mode=”all” sort=”date-taken-asc”]